Contacting West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Addresses and telephone numbers
Watford General Hospital
Tel: 01923 244366
Hemel Hempstead Hospital
Tel: 01442 213141
St Albans City Hospital
Tel: 01727 866122
Outpatient Physiotherapy Service
Tel: 01923 378130
Appointments: How to book, cancel or change an outpatient appointmentIf you are unable to attend an outpatient appointment, please let us know as soon as you can (at least 48 hours’ notice, where possible). Before you contact us, you will need the following information:
- Your NHS number or case number
- Your date of birth (e.g. 01/01/1983)
- The appointment date and time (if known)
- Which service the appointment is for (e.g. outpatients, cardiology etc)
This information should be on your appointment letter, if you have received
There are several ways to book, cancel or change an appointment:
- Email – send an email to email@example.com, containing the information above, and we will get back to you.
- Webchat – our webchat function is run by our outpatients team from 8.30am - 4.45pm, Monday to Friday. Visit webchat to get started.
- Phone – call our outpatients contact centre on 0300 3035929 or use the appropriate number below:
Planned operations or procedures: How to cancel your surgery
If you are unable to attend your planned surgery within 72 hours of your admission date, please let us know as soon as possible by calling 07391 010419.
Make sure you have the following information to hand when calling:
- Your NHS Number
- The date of your planned surgery
- The surgeon or clinician you’re being seen by
- Specialty or department
This phone line is open 24/7 for cancelling planned operations only. For any other queries relating to your surgery, please contact the admissions team directly.
Useful telephone numbers
- Watford General Hospital: 01923 244366
- St Albans City Hospital: 01727 866122
- Hemel Hempstead Hospital: 01442 213141
- Therapy unit, Jacketts Field: 01923 378130
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS): 01923 217198
- Media/Communications office: 01923 436280
- The Chief Executive's office: 01923 436336
- Pharmacy medicines information helpline: 01923 436237 (Available Monday to Friday from 2pm-5pm. Please note, they can only provide advice about medicines prescribed for you from this trust)
- We welcome calls via the text relay service - prefix numbers with 18001.
Useful email addresses
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appointments: email@example.com (please include your NHS number)
- Patient feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media enquiries: email@example.com
- Volunteering: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medication information for GPs: email@example.com (This address is only for enquiries from GPs related to medication prescribed from this trust)
If you want to request personal information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Freedom of Information requests
To submit a Freedom of Information request you can write to us at:West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Watford General Hospital
Hertfordshire WD18 0HB
Or email us at: email@example.com
Freedom of Information at the trust and the Freedom of Information Act.
We aim to provide safe, high quality care for all our patients. Here we tell you about the different ways to contact us if you have any concerns about your care, suggestions for improvement, compliments, or wish to make a formal complaint.