Travelling to Our Hospitals
Parking at our Sites
Christmas and the New Year 2011
Parking arrangement at the Trust's hospital sites over the Christmas and New Year Period for 2011/12.
- Parking Charges
- Concession Parking Procedures
- Drivers with disabilities
- Further Travel Information
- Management of our Car Parks
Charging applies 24 hours, Monday - Sunday. Tickets expire at midnight on day of purchase.
- Up to 30 minutes: free (in designated bays)
- Up to 1 hour: £2.00
- 1-2 hours: £4.00
- 2-3 hours: £6.00
- 3-4 hours: £8.00
- 4-6 hours: £12.00
- 6-24 hours: £15.00
- Weekly ticket: £20.00
Please note that some patient concessions are available; please contact the Main Reception or your local ward/department for more details.
Concession Parking Procedures
This concessionary parking procedure for visitors, patients and students covers Watford, Hemel and St Albans Hospitals.
A reduced parking rate is in place for patients and visitors who are attending any ward or department on a frequent or long term basis and to relatives who are actively participating in the care of a patient who is staying on a hospital ward. These concessions have been broken down into the three categories.
|Concession Permit Type||Price|
|Frequent User - People attending more than once per day or more than twice per week for up to 4 weeks||£6.00/day
|Long Term User - People attending more than twice per week for a period in excess of 4 weeks||£36/month|
|Active Carer – for people who are actively participating in rehab/care of their loved one who is an in patient||£6.00/day
Volunteer Driver – Drivers using their own vehicle or driving a charity vehicle whilst only claiming their costs of motoring
Any other concessions can only be authorised by the Facilities Department.
- The Concession Permit is only valid if the appropriate ticket(s) are attached to it or it has a valid stamp
- Visitors / Patients must only use visitor and patient car parks
- Refunds of payments already made cannot be reimbursed
Failure to comply will result in a penalty charge notice being issued
Drivers with Blue Badges
Spaces for drivers with blue badges are available on site. Please display the official blue badge in the vehicle.
Documents for download
- Transport Parking Strategy
- Concession Permit Request form for patients
- Watford General Site map - showing buildings and car parks - New site map as of May 2010
- Hemel Hempstead Hospital - General Site map showing buildings and car parks
- St Albans Site map - showing buildings and car parks
- Hospital Inter-site shuttle bus timetable - valid between August and October 2013
Management of our Car Parks:
To get a clearer understanding on how the Trust manages the car parks on its hospital sites, please see the following information on our Freedom of Information pages.