Travelling to Our Hospitals
Watford General Hospital
Planning Your Journey
View detailed information regarding all visitor areas of the building. The information you will see focuses on the visitor journey and provides details of the access and facilities provided, highlighting anything that may cause a barrier for visitors.
01923 244 366
Watford General Hospital is in Vicarage Road, next to Watford Football Club's ground. Walking from Watford Town Centre will take approximately 15 minutes.
Buses stop outside the Hospital. To see which buses stop there, visit a website such as Google maps (other online map services are available) and search for Watford General Hospital. On the map that appears, use the zoom facility until you see small bus icons representing bus stops - see example image right .
Clicking on the bus icon on the map will show up to date information about buses serving that stop.
Alternatively, visit the intalink website to view up to date bus timetables for Hertfordshire for journey planning.
Walking to Watford General Hospital
If you are travelling to Watford General Hospital on foot, you may like to plan your walk using one of our suggested routes. These are straightforward, clear routes to the Hospital making it easier for wheelchair users or visitors with prams or buggies.
Further Travel Information:
- Arriva Buses - Bus services and timetables offered by Arriva buses.
- London Midland Trains - Information about train services to Watford and Hemel Hempstead (London Euston to Northampton)
- Southern Trains - Information about train services to Watford and Hemel Hempstead (East Croydon to Milton Keynes)
- First Capital Connect - Information about train services to St Albans
- Intalink for Hertfordshire travel information
- » Traveline - Public Transport Information
- » Herts Travellink website - A guide to travel services for health, education and community organisations in Hertfordshire.