The NHS 2016 national staff survey results are available!
Posted: 16 March 2017
Jodi-Ann Gayle, Communications Officer
The results are now in and they show that over 1,700 staff participated in this survey, which gives us a response rate of 43%. This figure is average for acute trusts in England, and compares well with our response rate of 33% for the 2015 survey. A big thank you to all those who completed the survey.
Some key points from the survey are:
- 91% of staff say that the trust takes positive action on health and wellbeing – a good response but are you taking up any of the activities mentioned in January’s Team Brief newsletter, such as Disco aerobics, Yoga, Pilates, and loads more.
- The percentage of staff saying that they have felt unwell due to work-related stress has decreased slightly from 38% in 2015 to 37% last year but this is still a big number so please pay attention to your wellbeing.
- A rising number of respondents (47% - up from 39% in 2015) said they are satisfied with the extent to which the organisation values their work.
Overall, it is an improving picture. The results show that the number of you recommending the trust as a place to work has improved significantly since 2015. This was similar for staff who said they would be happy with the standard of care if a friend or relative were treated at the trust.
For more information about our hospitals, visit www.westhertshospitals.nhs.uk. You can also join our near 5,604 followers on Twitter (twitter.com/westhertsNHS) or find us on Facebook (facebook.com/westhertsNHS).
- For more information, please contact Jodi-Ann Gayle, Communications Officer in the Trust’s communications department on telephone: 01923 436 28 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours, please call 07900 228 031.
- West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust is a large acute trust serving people from across Hertfordshire, north London and further afield. It operates from three sites at Watford, St Albans and Hemel Hempstead hospitals and sees about 600,000 patients a year. We are one of the largest employers locally, with around 4,500 staff and volunteers.