Watford Dermatology Services
- Outpatient Service
- Skin Surgery
- Treatment Services
- Inpatient Service
The Dermatology Department at Watford General Hospital provides a comprehensive range of dermatology services. All aspects of the dermatology service are housed in our Dermatology Centre. This building includes outpatient consultation rooms, nurse treatment area with 2 bathrooms, wound care/ leg ulcer management room, 2 theatres, phototherapy suite.
General dermatology clinics
To discuss appointments, telephone Grainne Allen on 01923 217166.
- Joint Oral Clinic (Oral medicine) Dr Tatnall (Dermatologist), Mr Bounds (Oral Surgeon)
- Genital dermatoses clinic (skin conditions specific to genital sites), Dr Tatnall (Dermatologist), Dr P Munday (genito-urinary physician)
- Leg ulcer clinic: Dr Tatnall (Dermatologist), Mr R Awad (Vascular Surgeon), John Farrah and Amy Sinclair (Vascular Technicians), Helen Perfect, Stephen Conway, Andrea Haggith, P Powenski: Specialist nurses.
- Paediatric clinic: Dr K Batta
- Melanoma clinic: Drs Murdoch and Batta (Dermatologists), Dr P Nathan (Oncologist)
- Patch test clinic: for the investigation of contact dermatitis (Dr F Tatnall)
Mrs Norma Dodds is our Red Cross cosmetic camouflage advisor.
Miles Maidment is the Clinical Photographer at the Trust.
Skin surgery is undertaken for removal of tumours and for the diagnosis of skin disease. Six local anaesthetic lists for skin surgery are held per week.
Treatment services - Nurse/Physiotherapist
- Day treatment: Nurses are available to teach/demonstrate the use of treatments or to carry out treatments on a daily basis, mainly eczema and psoriasis
- Leg ulcer management: Some leg ulcer patients are managed jointly with the community
- Phototherapy: Photochemotherapy (PUVA) and narrow band UVB for psoriasis and eczema
- Iontophoresis: for the management of excess sweating (palms and armpits)
- Habit reversal: For the management of itchy conditions such as eczema
- Cryotherapy: For the treatment of warts/veruccas
A small number of patients are admitted for inpatient care to Heronsgate Ward at Watford General Hospital.
To contact Heronsgate Ward, telephone 01923 217516 or 01923 217845.
- Dr FM Tatnall - Consultant Dermatologist - 01923 217375
- Dr M Murdoch - Consultant Dermatologist - 01923 208036
- Dr K Batta - Consultant Dermatologist - 01923 217139
- Dr I Flude - Hospital Practitioner
- Dr K MacKell - Hospital Practitioner
- Dr Bintcliffe - Hospital Practitioner
- Dr S Jakob - Hospital Practitioner
- Dr Hanna - Associate Specialist
- Dr D Glass - Specialist registrar
- Helen Perfect - Senior Specialist Dermatology Nurse - 01923 217655
- Stephen Conway - Senior Dermatology Staff Nurse
- Andrea Haggith - Senior Dermatology Staff Nurse
- Elizabeth Adcock - Physiotherapist/phototherapist
- Miles Maidment - Photographer
- Mrs Norma Dodds - Red Cross cosmetic camouflage advisor
- Elaine Brown - Secretary to Dr Murdoch - 01923 208036
- Janet Baldey / Glynis Fowles - Secretary to Dr Batta - 01923 217139
- Anne Holland - Secretary to Dr Tatnall - 01923 217375
- Grainne Allen - Waiting list coordinator/ Appointments - 01923 217166
Dermatology contacts at Watford General Hospital
- Dr FM Tatnall - Consultant -01923 217375
- Dr M Murdoch - Consultant - 01923 208036
- Dr K Batta - Consultant - 01923 217139
- Helen Perfect - Specialist Nurse - 01923 217655
- Phototherapy - 01923 244366 ext 3577
- Appointments - Grainne Allen - 01923 217166
- Fax - 01923 217945